Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Real love



Odd as it may sound, Jesus is the only one who I don't "feel" judged by. Now before you e-mail me let me preface by saying that I understand that we all will be judged, and that like all of us, there have been plenty of things I will answer to God for. We have all sinned and fallen short of His glory. Nor am I saying that I'm not guilty in the judgement of others. I'm a sinner saved by grace. I guess what I mean is that Jesus has already shown each and every one of us that He values us. That love is His focus. He places a high value in us. Enough to become man and become the sacrifice for all sin, on our behalf. He gave it all. That kind of love is profound. And not something we often experience with each other. We have our moments of love toward one another. But as a whole we are in a broken and lost world. Where we feel judged, evaluated, our measure of character considered, our career movement equaling our ambition or laziness level called out, or what we say and do judged quietly, behind smiles. Our internal voice, quietly in our thoughts saying " you don't know what I've been through, How can you view me so harshly?" If all we have to sustain our inner life is the opinion of others we will at some point hit a wall and crumble. Living like that cannot sustain a happy healthy life. Though we all may know some folks who do indeed live that way, and struggle on a daily basis living in a world where meaning is found in the opinion of others, and or material goods and a worldly lifestyle.
 But with Jesus, even though I know that there are areas I have to work on, I know He is right there with me, like a life coach cheering me on!! Not pointing out my lack of ability, or questioning my commitment, or wondering weather or not I really mean it when I say " I'm a Christian". But by pointing out the obstacle in front of me, and providing strength to overcome it. By reminding me of my prior decision of loyalty to God and His leading in my life, helping me re-frame how I look at a situation, and people who have hurt me, by bringing scripture to mind to teach, heal. By teaching me to conform to His image which is perfect, and not to another person, or the worlds. Comforting me in my mistakes, or disappointments, always showing up in my life. Always. He is looking at me as His child, made in the image of Him. And like a loving father, He sees the possibility in me and you, not the lack of possibility.
There will be times in all our lives where we feel the unwarranted heavy eyes of disapproval towards us. Weather it's how much we weigh, or what we say, or whatever. Your words and your deeds are up for speculation in a fallen world. But in Christ, there is no condemnation! 

Romans 8:1" There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.."

the great mechanic of our souls is hard at work tuning up and repairing all the brokenness. Give your attention to Him, learn Him, and He will break every chain of bondage holding you. His primary focus is on our salvation, not our judgement. He is the great lover of our soul. 
Praise God for His love! And His gift of freedom in Christ! 
Blessings, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment