Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sail light



There's an old saying.." Empty your boat..when emptied it will go lightly."
I think one of the most diffacult things in walking the 'road' of life, is the inner dialougue that is going on inside of us. We venture onto the 'road' with a brazen positive attitude, combined with determination, topped off with the picture perfect smile. And underneath, we struggle with all of it . Will I have enough on the next paycheck. Does he love me enough. What others think of us. What we think of us .
It so taxing to constantly remind ourselves to 'knock it off!' Most battles are fought inside of us in our thinking. If I think back on my day. The times when I felt the most anxiety was when I was lost in the worries of my own inner talk. The crazy thing is, we worry about things that could potentially cause us grief, and yet that is exactly what worring does..it cause's us to have more grief.  But when our 'boat' or mind ,if you will, is emptied of the extra cargo of fretting, and the wheel is turned over to the anchor of our souls, Jesus, then and really only then can we 'sail light'. Having the assurance that the masters hand is on the steering wheel. Confidently navigating the channels of life, planning the course for Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment