Search This Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Prepared for the best!

So many of us look to the future with a eye out for the approaching storm. We make sure that our toilet paper is stocked. As well as having our flashlights at the ready, and our foodstuffs stored up to the point that we could last out a month or more in the uncertain and climatic world we inhabit. This foresight will help us to "get by" in a time of crisis. When the winds of change start to blow uncertainty into our lives, being prepared for the worst case scenario can offer some comfort, some hope of getting through it. 
 But as a Christian, our Father calls us to prepare for the best. Instead of letting overwhelming worry and fear dictate our interactions, reactions, actions. God has given instead a blessed assurance that our home is with Him, blessed salvation through Christ! As a child of God I have the promise of never being alone in times of trouble. I also have the gift of the Holy Spirits guidance, instruction, and comfort as I face uncertainty. These are not for me alone. They are a gift and a responsibility. A gift because I didn't do anything to earn or deserve them. A responsibility because I have no right to keep it all to myself. I have been called to share His truth and love with a fallen world.

 Matthew 28:19-20  "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Each new day we are blessed to enjoy is an opportunity to share Gods best with a fallen world. The Father has called us! What a privilege. And when we answer the call, we can be a part of the best God has to offer. Not only experiencing the freedom and love of Christ. But by being a valuable part of the salvation story in someone else's life. Just as the apostle Paul's commitment to Christ compelled him to preach the gospel, so salvation could reach you and me, Now we are the carriers of the torch of faith in this generation. Lighting the way for the best God has prepared for us. 

 Jeremiah 29:11
 " For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

 Hide it under a bushel? No! I'm going to let it shine!
 Blessings, Kim

1 comment:

  1. Wow how powerful and so true we sometimes seem to forget Jesus's promises that we do not have to worry about tomorrow, and how He takes care of the birds and aren't we (humans) more important then the birds.... amen my beautiful mamma keep the blogs coming

    ReplyDelete